Sunday, May 16, 2010

Why Guys Suck at Posting on CL

I had reached the point where I realized that the odds of answering "women's" posts, finding the 5% that are actually real, and then making a connection were basically nil, despite my early luck. So it was time to move on to making posts myself. Before doing this, I felt it would be prudent to research what other guys were writing in their posts. Get some ideas. But what I found, frankly, was mind-boggling. The majority of men were actually expecting to get responses from women with posts like the following:

"Need blowjob tonight.....send pic with response"
"Really want to fuck your brains out....write me back (sorry, can't host)"

Were these guys fucking kidding? At first, I was actually angry. Were my fellow males really this stupid to expect results from lines like this? But quickly, the anger turned to a sense of encouragement. I started getting a little bit excited! Why, my friends? Because I was in a position to take advantage of the shortsightedness of these other clueless guys. I knew now that any post I wrote would stand out significantly from the nonsense I had read from these fools.

And as I quickly learned, the quality of the writing in your Craig's List posts makes all the difference.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I know that feeling. Thank God our competition is low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't use CL but guys use those sort of lines on all sites and then wonder why they don't get anywhere


    sn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! It gives me really mixed feelings, to be honest. While it increases my success rate tremendously, I almost feel a little sadness and pity for my fellow guys who are so lost in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww yes, most guys on Craigslist act like whiny babies. They whine about the spiders responding and urging them towards the 'other' sites. They appear to be totally hopeless and creepy, absolutely unable to write attractively. And I thought this was just unique to my area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're pretty rough, Rosie :)

    It's frustrating getting all the spam responses! You ladies do have it so much easier. But you're right, most guys are hopeless and write terribly. Definitely not unique to your area.

    ReplyDelete