Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sex Without Attraction

As we segue into our next encounter, I start by posing this question: what happens when you are looking for someone to hook up with (NSA style), find someone, agree to meet them without seeing a picture, and then find that you're not really attracted to them? Can sex be really good without attraction?

Now, I'm sure many people are just saying, "well, why the hell would you not want to see what the person looks like beforehand to avoid this situation altogether??". Fair point, my friends. At least for me, I have arranged to meet with several people without seeing a picture first. Why? Because it adds to the excitement level. Creates an air of mystery. Not knowing exactly what to expect heightens your senses significantly, and can create nicely elevated arousal levels.

Are there some precautions to be taken in this type of scenario? Of course. I always ask potential encounters to describe themselves to me. I enjoy hearing their descriptions and imaging what they might look like. Getting a mental image can be alot more fun than just seeing a picture and eliminating all of the mystery. And of course, if someone says they are 500 pounds and missing half their teeth, we can safely avoid an awkward situation. Though many people tend to stretch the truth a little bit when describing themselves, I've found that most people are at least in the ballpark.

Anyway, the question still remains. You've chatted with someone. Gotten a description of them that sounds promising. Agreed to meet them somewhere private. And when you see them.....you're just not finding them very attractive. Not necessarily repulsive, like our 500 pound friend with no teeth, but just not quite your cup of tea. You don't even have the scenario that everyone experiences where you're initially not attracted to someone, and then you get to know them and get closer emotionally to them, and then the physical attraction seems to develop later. Sorry, you're just meeting the person now!

Can sex still be good with someone you're not immediately attracted to? Can it be really good?

YES IT CAN! Stay tuned......

1 comment:

  1. Well that is a tough one. Not sure I could go through with it if I wasn't somewhat attracted to them. I'm curious to hear your story. ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete