Friday, May 14, 2010

Reality Check

So you can imagine how I felt after Encounter #1. It was as if I just found the most amazingly easy source of hot sex ever created. All I do is log on, answer a post, and passionate encounters are inevitable. God's gift to men everywhere!

But alas, no. As time began to wear on, it dawned on me just how lucky I was to have that early success. I answered many more posts in the weeks that followed. None of them lead to any additional encounters. I did get some replies.....if you count spam as a reply. And I was so naive. When I got the first email that said "sure, I'll hook up with you, all you have to do is sign up for this website and I'm all yours!", I am embarrassed to admit I signed up for it. Thinking something actually might happen. It didn't. They just got another idiot to register for their pointless dating site.

This went on for a few weeks before I accepted that fact that my beginner's luck was not to be repeated. And I learned the hard reality of Lesson #1......

No comments:

Post a Comment