Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tangent #5: Sex Stats

For whatever reason, I enjoy reading about sexual statistics. I guess everyone wants to get a sense of how they stack up against everyone else, and how their relationship fares in comparison to others, right?

Well in the spirit of such curiosity, I present the results of the most current research I could find on random sexual statistics and averages. Some interesting stuff here....


1. Average erect penis length: 6 inches (phew)

2. Average clitoris length: 1 inch (seems a tad high, from my experience)

3. Average person has sex 127 times per year (about once every 3 days....a little more than I would have expected)

4. 48% of women polled have admitted to faking an orgasm ('admitted' being the key word)

5. Unmarried couples living together have sex 147 times per year on average. Married couples....98 times per year (why do people get married???)

6. Average calories burned during 30 minutes of sex: 200  (who needs the gym?)

7. Percent of people who have had sex with a co-worker: 20% (definitely low)

8. Percent of people satisfied with their sex life: 48% (less than half......kinda sad.....)

9. Percent of women reaching orgasm through intercourse: 45%  Through oral sex: 80%  (seems close)

10. 25% of people have had 1 sexual partner......21% of people have had 10 or more (thank goodness I'm in the 2nd group! those poor 25%)

4 comments:

  1. Some of that is surprising! Some sadly not so much. Thanks for the comments BTW!

    xo
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I thought the same.

    No problem, thanks for your comments as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still pondering that clitoris length. That seems quite large. Maybe that's my problem, inadequate length. Gods! Clit envy!

    Why do people get married? I haven't got a clue, seems pointless to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I know! I feel like most clits I've seen have definitely been less than an inch.

    No idea about marriage....I guess people just feel the need to follow society's expectations for relationships. Kinda sad.

    ReplyDelete